Accidental Injury Cover
Short-term financial support, helping your clients continue daily life while recovering from an accidental injury.
Experiencing an accidental injury can have an immediate impact on your client's daily life and ability to do their job, whether they're a builder, office worker, or a parent caring for children at home.
Accidental Injury Cover provides an up-front payment, should they be injured accidentally. They can use this lump sum for whatever they need: covering treatment costs, getting taxis to work, hiring someone to help with children, or simply taking time off work to recover.
This is one of our optional products that must be added to any core TotalCareMax Personal or Business product for some extra support.
Quick facts about Accidental Injury Cover
- Eligible age:
Available from age 16 to age 65
- Minimum sum assured: $500 a month
- Maximum sum assured: Up to $5,000 a month
- Premium structure: Flat rate - based on sum assured and gender. Smoker rates apply.
- Can be taken out with any of our core TotalCareMax Personal or Business Range
- No proof of income required
- No stand down applies - however a 14 day survival period applies.
Below details the injury categories and the benefit periods that apply:
|Injury category - An accidental injury that:
||Claim payment period
|leads to a fracture that requires any other form of immobilisation other than a cast
|leads to a fracture that requires a cast
|requires surgery under general anaesthesia
|leads to one of the below:
- An amputation of a limb
- Permanent total blindness (aided or unaided)
- Permanent total loss of hearing (aided or unaided)
- Permanent paralysis (diplegia, hemiplegia, paraplegia, quadriplegia)
Limitations of Accidental Injury Cover
While our Accidental Injury Cover can help clients better cope with an accidental injury, there are some situations they wouldn't be covered for and therefore couldn't claim on. An example would be accidental injuries that require a cast but not due to a fracture.
For further information on this product, the exclusions that apply and its limitations, please read the Product Limitations document and policy wordings on the left hand side of this page.
The information on this page is provided as a sales support tool to be used in conjunction with the appropriate policy wording.